warning

Scroll down...more...all the way. There you will find the picture of the week, changed every Tuesday. Weather permitting that is

Wednesday, March 10

samples of designs



If you notice on the left picture-there used to be an arch in the center. It was then moved to the right side of the wall to create a small hall.


Let me say that when we bought this small yellow house 4 years ago, I coudn't imagine how it would make me feel. First of all owning your own house at 22 and bearly 20 was a great feeling. It still is. We were known as the people who lived in the cute little ellow house. I do like the outside color of the home. Especially with the while shutters(although they're faux) and trim. I soon learned my mistake. In this tiny abode are 2 living rooms, one bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and 2 bedrroms. That's it. Yes though the house sits on almost an acre, we esentailly can speak to eachother from the front door to any person, in any room. I have grown to actually dispise this place I am suppose to call home. I say this now because we are making changes. What is to become of this home is something I will love. In my last post I showed you something under cunstruction. Having 2 living rooms has left us with a very odd layout. I may add that this home was moved from St. Thomas, this also I am proud of. As is one of two homes on Whipple Ave.
In Febuary Tommy ripped out the first wall to turn the second living room ito a small (very small!) little bedroom for a little Stell. I had much to do with this project. I priced and purchased all the lumber. It is worth a trip into Mesquite's Do it Best Lumber to save 3 buck on sheetroc and almost 2 on 2x4's. This tiny bedroom made a hallway. In all the bedromm is 6ft x 11ft. It cost us just about $100 to build, texture and paint it. That's it. It took less 3 weeks for Estella to be sleeping in it. Mind you we only worked weekends. We were fortunate enough to have family who paints for a living, come in and do a professional texture and paint job. He also has a large collection of left over paint that I was able to choose a color from. This in effect help cut down on cost. But even then to paint the entire room took less than a gollon of pain. Saving what......? Maybe 20 bucks? We are still looking for a light to go in her room. Right now she gets enough light from her window and a small dresser lamp.
My favorite part of all of this is the HALL. I just adore it. Why you ask? I don't know. It must be the color(gray with white doors and trim) and the lights that I have chosen for it. It seems so peaceful that I often think that if there is a path way to heaven, that I would surley walk it-if it looked like this. It also leads to my favorite place in the house- my bed. I just love my bed too:)




As you can see-it looked like it snowed in my home. We sanded by hand for days!
photo taken by Estella
Photot also taken by Stell-notice my gloves? I'm not wearing any-it just looks like it from all the dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to leave a message do so after the BEEP...