warning

Scroll down...more...all the way. There you will find the picture of the week, changed every Tuesday. Weather permitting that is

Wednesday, April 7

Fair time! Spring time! Carny time!Work time!

Look at anyone's blog or Facebook and I bet you see the word "fair" a couple times. I don't think much of the fair-not that I don't think highly of the fair. I just don't actually plan anything during the fair. No must do item or things like that. All I can think about is how am I going to take 2 completly different aged kids on rides this week. I don't think Estella could stay seated on the SEA-RAY nor do I plan for Estefan to whoop & hollar on the plane ride.
     I get a "media" pass to go in because I will technically be working those days. I'm suppose to wear a badge that says media at all times( but it doesn't match all my outfits!) so parents and people don't freak out when I snap pictures of there little ones! I also will be covering stories. I've been assigned some and of course been ancoureged to uncover some of my own. If I wish too. Oh I wish I could stay after hours to see just EXACTLY what the carney's do when the show closes. You know you wanna know too. I will bat my eyelashes and say pretty please and BINGO-I'm in! Then again I bet parents would have an uproar for #1 the  discovery of what/who/why these people are hired. Yes we trust in these men (no women?)  with cracked out looks-to find out their IQ just count the teeth:) to watch our most prized posessions (our kids!) in rides that can come apart in just hours! Don't get me wrong, I think this years carney's are way more healthier than the previous. I know my carney's too! Living down the street from the fair gives me a front row seat of what happens when they aren't pushing buttons and checking stamped hands. I know they're better because-get this- they are FATTER. Yup I think our downturned economy has made regular people apply for these positions. Desperate times call for desperate measures. So instead of  meth addicts I think we have ourselves some "recreational users" instead. It was just this year that I finally thought-how do the carneys get here? They walk up and past me 5 times a day. So I know they don't drive a Mercedes Benz 500. Are they dropped off from a bus? One that say's STATE PRISON painted on the side? No that can't be cause I havent noticed one. I see the funnel cake, texas twister and the yellow lemon cruisin' by. You can't tell me that they all squeeze into the lemons?! Nah not this year since, like I mentioned they have meat this time around. So back to my original story-I will be working at the fair this year.
     I really should write about what it's like to work for a newspaper-it's interesting. Of coarse probably not what you think.
     Tomorrow I will be meeting up with Estefan's class at the fair. They are going as a feild trip. WHAT! I won't even go into that! I'm vain and am worried about what to wear. Is it going to be hot with cold wind? Cold? Hot? Or you can't feel anything cause there is so much sand in your face from all the wind. I'm bringing Estella. This ought to be fun. I'll  have to tell a bunch of people who I haven't seen in awhile why Estella's hair is short like a boys-with a bow on the side-like a newborn.
This is how I know it's
 SPRING TIME!

1 comment:

  1. you have to have one tough hide to work for the paper.

    that's why i quit : )

    but it sure is nice to get everywhere free huh?!

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to leave a message do so after the BEEP...