warning

Scroll down...more...all the way. There you will find the picture of the week, changed every Tuesday. Weather permitting that is

Wednesday, September 1

First time shame on you second time....

You know that phrase when it rains it pours? I have a perfect example of that. When last week Estella got her head stuck in the fence I figured that would be the first and last time.
In five years we haven’t had that happen. There is ONE single opening out of, OH let’s say 200-openings that my eight year old can still slide out of.
That being said, he has never had his head stuck. Well leave it to his younger, less intelligent, little sis to finally “fill the void.” While talking with my SIL and BIL out front, Estella called for me to puller head out. I pulled, I called for Tommy and I cursed those big ears of hers! So I laughed all the way to the pantry to get some canola oil. I greased her ears and I waited for the slow and steady pop that I’ve seen in cartoons.
Nothing.
So I did the next best thing I could do for her a grabbed my camera to record the humorous event. The guys slid her body up and down, all the while holding her body parallel to the ground. For all you who don’t know the difference between parallel and perpendicular. Parallel is like an airplane, only in this case Daddy wasn’t making noises as he magically tried to find the wide spot she slipped her noggin in.

By the time I started recording she had quit screaming and Aunt Laura was loving her and keeping her calm. Again while I laughed, Laura loved. The air plane trick or oil didn’t work. So Tommy got his jack outta his truck and tried to jack it apart. Slowly she slid her head out and was free. Free to cry that is!
If you look close in this video you can see her sniff up her snot*.
It’s funny cause in the end she asks for her mama when it’s I who is going to embarrass her when I show her these and other video’s.

What you think the story is over, no cause if you were paying attention you would’ve remembered that I said it happened TWICE!
The second time happened to Logan who is two years old and blond. I have been babysitting him and his older sister for awhile now.

While doing dishes, I had a good eye on him through our window as he played under the tree. What I was worried about the most was the pool with water in it. I opened the window so I could hear a splash if it came to that. Or a scream. The last thing I needed was getting fired because of some blue kid.

When I couldn’t see him I ran out there cause I thought….the worse. But I heard moaning and turned to see little, red ears that I was very familiar with. They looked exactly like Estella’s when she too had gotten her head stuck in the fence. BTW it was in a different spot. So I tried finding the magic spot by lifting, sliding him up and down, and pulling gently all the while. It didn’t work with Estella but I was so panicked (hey this isn’t my kid!) that when I slid him to the top and pulled his head lodged (like it was going to fit, then didn‘t) and he kinda had to hang out there with his feet sweeping the grass below! Yikes no good-time to push back and set him down. I said don’t cry and left him there to find my phone. Two steps from the door I realized my phone was in my pocket. Great! Now lets see, who do I call? Where is the jack? Tommy’s truck is at work with him along with every other guy I know. Hmmm…so I ran back and tried to spread the bars myself! HAHA okay you’ve heard of adrenaline fueled mothers who lifted entire cars when their kids were trapped. Well I guess I wasn’t panicked enough (I did think about taking a picture, then remembered I didn’t want proof) and I couldn’t separate the bars.

So what does every girl do when she needs help? She calls her mom! Well in my case it was my MIL. And she said she was getting out the door right now! Two brains are better than one, right! Well as I walked over to Logan who I felt like should have a trough at least! You know to make up for the 3 minutes he’s been like that. You know to keep his mind off of the situation too.


Then the clouds parted and it stopped raining. My bright idea lit the whole sky as the sun shown down on my perfectly cut A-line, head. So okay I just had a bright idea that 5 adults couldn’t think of just days before. I walked to the other side and put my arms out to Logan. And guess what? He walked right through the bars to me.

The End.

 
 
*video and pics coming soon(:

1 comment:

  1. Haha, thats funny! I kept thinking, as I was reading the story, that maybe you had tried that and they didn't fit or something. Its funny how you don't always think of the obvious when you are in situations like that. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to leave a message do so after the BEEP...