warning

Scroll down...more...all the way. There you will find the picture of the week, changed every Tuesday. Weather permitting that is

Tuesday, May 18

With these times

I haven't even written about mother's day yet! I will but in the mean time this has been on my mind-GETTING A PASSPORT!

With Arizona's new proposed state law I feel that I should safe gaurd myself. I tend to travel alone with the kids. Tommy doesn't like to travel and I do. It makes me feel so much better knowing I am avoiding any possible confrontation. This makes me very comfortable:) Telling Tommy this made him annoyed. He has strong feelings for this law-I don't. We don't have TV for this very reason. I consider myself uneducated in many matters-by choice. Unfortunatly it's not a good time to be me. Maybe by the time my kids read this-the country will be back to Asains, Jewish, or other previous targeted ethnic group. I must admitt that I don't have a certain memory that sticks out where I can say I was discriminated. My country has been good to me. I wouldn't be anywhere else. I love my country for this. Sure maybe somethings do. Like the time I went to the grocery store on a bad hair day and being asked if I speak ENGLISH! Can't a mexican have a bad hair day without someone usumming I just swam the river? But I don't get offened easily. That didn't offend me. It just makes me wonder about people sometimes. So the reason for the passport-It makes me feel secure knowing that if I get stopped in New Mexico, Texas, or Utah for that matter that I won't ever be harassed. My family has traveled those lower states 4 times this year alone. My extended family. No I'm not afraid of being questioned but actually harassed. Especially if I don't have Tommy by my side.I'm afraid of someone's ego begetting their better judgment and try to make a fool of me in front of my kids. I don't EVER want to give the world an opportunity to seperate me from my kids. That is my worst nightmare! It's not about being political, it's not about being mexican, it's about being a women. Sometimes I think men like to intimidate- whan they see as a fragile, small female. No thanks.

Also the rates for the Passport are shooting up soon! And I mean soon! Have to get it while it's good. Right now it's $100, still a little steep so I can't imagine what it's going to be like when the price goes up. Also this summer I plan to go on a cruise with my SIL. It will be my first and I hope I really do go on it with her!

1 comment:

  1. A Cruise sounds real good right now!!! Sorry we missed you while we were down, it is hard to get away from family when you hardly see them!I feel really bad, sounds like you were a little busy too with your birth photo session!!!! GO YOU! WEll take care!

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to leave a message do so after the BEEP...