warning

Scroll down...more...all the way. There you will find the picture of the week, changed every Tuesday. Weather permitting that is

Thursday, June 24

I gravitate towards your inperfections


Today While at the rec center with the kids and my mom I had an interesting thing happen. I goes to show me that looks have NO appeal to me. Not in the least bit. It's the attitude.
    
A group of rambunctious people came walking by and one VERY heavyset person stopped and boldly asked, "Hey I was wondering if you hand any sunscreen. I burned the last time I was here and don't want to go through that again." Sure I said and handed him my spf 70 neutragena sunscreen. I tend not to buy anything but that. While I handed it over I must admit I thought- just about how much will it take to cover that body! After their friend helped apply the lotion they came right back to return it. First off I noticed they were now in their swimsuit and ready to jump in, that I was IMMENSELY jealous that God had blessed HIM with C-cup breasts, and not me and lastly-he better NOT jump in, he has to let the sunblock soak in! He did jump in.

The point I'm trying to make is that I found myself a little drawn to the super-sized boy. He was bold, unabashed, polite and not in the least way insecure. If he was shy about asking a total stranger for sunblock and he returned later top-less. Well than! That catches me eye. I've been told that I am "intimidating" I don't think so in the least. In fact I think it's bull.

Tommy tells me I have very bad taste in men and their looks.  For example-I tend to swoon over the one's who look like they've been hitting the crack pipe one too many times. I like Jack Sparrow-with make-up. I like the guitar player who's 60 with a pitted, acne scarred face. I like the one with sallow cheeks. Sure I like the pretty boys who are movie stars too, but it's the I don't care swagger that draws me in. Tommy just thinks their ugly. When I say this "I like boys" I am talking about famous people. People who I will never know.


After I point to the cutest guy in the band/movie/magazine- Tommy mentions that his self-esteem goes down the toilet. "Great! what does that say about me?!"


I still say he's darn handsome. All he needs to be is good enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. It encourages me to be more discriptive when I write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post and i really love they way you write! i also think your husband is very lucky to have such a hot lookin lady like you! ps..great pic of your hubbs!

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to leave a message do so after the BEEP...