All this stuff are the things I'm "suppose" to do, cause apperently that's what a wife with a son and daughter are to do!
warning
Scroll down...more...all the way. There you will find the picture of the week, changed every Tuesday. Weather permitting that is
Tuesday, June 22
Married with Children...and those who are'nt
I seriously need to keep up with this blog and have TONS stored up in my word document, but can't post those or you might see just what I really want to say. Today that ends.
Yesterday I felt something that I haven't felt in a loong time. Insulted. Yes I know it's easy to get caught up in this small town. It's meant for the young and married ONLY. If your single, go to church , wait 2 years, and magically your married to a boy you used to make fun of in high school. Then you and everyone else sweeps it under the rug that you ever considered him anything but GREAT! I On the other hand come from a place where I am the ONLY one married out of four kids (gasp!) and has a fruit of my loin running around to boot. In fact I have two.
Yesterday my lovely sis whom I treat a little more gentler than most would (cause she had it rougher growing up) asked that I get a babysitter! Okay, it went a little more something like this.
Sis: Hey amanda wanna come to Mesquite to get facials, messages, pedi's, and swim in the mineral pool with us girls? (we don't have friends so us girls refers to her boyfriend who is LOADED, my other sis, and mami)
Me: Sure that sounds great, can we do it earlier? Count me in for sure! We leave to go camping at 2:30 when Tommy gets offa work. (I silently wonder if she is going to ask if the kids are coming)
S: Great it's my treat (LOADED boyfriends treat really)....uh I mean "our" treat. Oh and can you leave the kids?
M:.......?
S:........?
M: (enters my programed banker voice that served me well with irate customers when working at BofA) Well I don't think I can make it, wish I could but.....
S: (oh s*$t I said something wrong-back pedal) Oh well if it's money you need to pay a babysitter I can pay for it?
M: !-Oh not it's not that. I will try and let you know how the day looks and will let you know for sure. (HELL NO)
S: Oh then bring the kids (desperate?) we can switch them between other sis and mami. It won't be a big deal. One of us will just have to be out casted till their turn is up and we rotate.( can you tell she doesn't have kids?)
M: (gotta get off the phone NOW) Okay well I will let you know for sure.
S: Okay and oh ya I called to see if you could do a HUGE favor for me while I'm gone for 2 months (vacationing with LOADED boyfriend) can you handle all my mail and banking?
M: Of course it's only 2 little ol months-no problem.
Don't get me wrong, she has no intentions of hurting my feelings BUT this isn't the first time this has happened. Many years ago I met a guy who tried to date me. He had been on T.V. for a show called the bachelor? or Bachelorete? or Beauty and the Beast? Some reality show that I still have NEVER seen. Anyways he knew I had a small son and asked I meet his family and make a trip to Cali with him. Then proceeded to say that I leave my boy at home cause his house had Disney memorabilia that was breakable. I like to think that I immediately dropped the guy cause he collect Disney stuff at 35, but to be honest-it was the whole leave your son at home. No can do buddy. While my sis is only trying to get me pampered and give me a treat I can't help but feel wounded.
My priest one said- Accepting gifts is JUST as important as receiving them. Your are just as selfish by not doing so. Mothers in general have a hard time disassembling themselves from their wee ones. For some reason I think I especially have an issue with this. Although I'm still not going to go (pride is a deadly sin) I will never let my sis know just how much that hurt and the passive-aggressive in me will come out instead. She begged for me to come and back pedaled. I won't say she offended me yesterday ( I say that because today I'm over it-completely) but I won't show up Friday cause I really do have to go camping later and to show her that I was un-happy with the suggestion.
Of course most people who read this might get the occasional "rather you leave your darlings" innuendo once in awhile-I doubt it's been from some you love dearly-especially a sis. I bet, cause the sis/people you know are having babies/married/or are jealous cause they want one of the two previous situations for themselves. But if they ever do-don't sweat it, they too just want time for just you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well she will know how you felt if she reads this! I think it is nice that you feel so strongly about your kids. I guess these are times when you can recognize why YOU are the mother and not her! She meant well :)
ReplyDeletePS Love the pic of the week!
ReplyDeleteoh dear- that has happened to me many a times. especially from my single sis.
ReplyDeletelove your blog. i NEED to call. blech. i suck at that.
Why yes call sometime:) or text:) but you have a sister like mine (probably not as bad. Hooray!
ReplyDelete