24 hours later
We went to the white house of grocery stores: COSTCO. Where I pushed a 100 pound cart aroundL By the end I was stiff in the leg. I also purchased a new couch. I’ve mentioned before that this year I am planning to re-decorate my home. I want to love it-really I NEED to love it. So I found something I could wipe clean and that takes up less room. Next we are down-sizing the t.v. We want one that hangs instead of our big screen. Little by little I will get it done.Estefan’s birthday was great just like the years before. We had butchered our goat the week before in preparation. We had goat meat taco’s, asado, rice, beans, tortilla’s, salad, and macaroni salad. We had a cake made by Jessica Leavitt this year. I wanted her last year but she was unavailable. One of the down falls of summer birthdays-everyone goes on vacation. I wanted a sunset cake with the kids catching fireflies. I had a really cute jar that she used and she did a great job. I also didn’t want fondant which I think looks fantastic but tasted like…..! So she did it without and I was proud of the cake I didn’t make. I’ve never made any cakes for showers or birthdays. Not my style.
We had an old fashion little party with Coke in glass bottle and flavored soda in glass bottles too. In all we had about 50 guests to wish Estefan a great 8th.There was a HUMUNGO slip n slide!
Caught on camera-my "GET OVER HERE!" face.
He received very thoughtful gift from party goers and he had one spoiled one. Apparently his little sister Estella told him he was getting a Wii from his Uncle and Grandpa! Now we know to watch our mouths if we want to surprise someone. Have I mentioned that she talks A LOT. If I am to be really honest-she talks too much, I ignore her most of the time, and wish she would just stop so I could staple her lips shut! But I don’t ever say or do that.
Estefan and Tia Oly
Estefan decided to wear this snazy outfit to hit the Pinata!
A little side note. I’m tired of being accosted about when we are going to have another baby. I’m to the point of pulling out my hair! It’s started a year ago and hasn’t let up. If anything it’s picked up! My dad, brother, sister, friends, nieces, and distant cousins(!), father in law, have asked me point blank! I’m glad when Tommy is there because I look at him, but I am NEVER happy with his answer. It’s too detailed and I always end up jumping in. Any answer I give isn’t good enough. The worst response I’ve gotten (twice) is whether it’s about money and that they would even pay for it! Or mentioning that some of their best childhood memories were in a two bedroom house. That’s not it at all. I could have 5 in a hut! But really I’m not so and so or in a competition. It’s not a race for me. People forget that I had me first baby eight years ago! I mean actually gave birth to him and have a four year old now too. I really enjoy my kids, is it selfish to want to continue that for just a little bit longer? Other people my age have 4 year olds and younger! When your first is eight let me hound you to death! I’m making a list and seriously plan to do so. I want to ask embarrassing questions and make outlandish suggestions so you can feel guilty. I do! But have no plans in giving in to those 2 dozen people. Even Tommy is feeling the pressure. It’s different for him though, of course. It’s easy to get a girl pregnant. Am I right?
In other news I’ve had a headache for almost a year now! Oh wait could those 2 be connected? Nah, but seriously I need to do something about it. I’ve been told it’s stress (what stress? I have an easy life.) or lack of water. True it could be water but I seriously doubt that. So in any case my complicated life actually consists of those 3 things: dodging baby questions, a year long headache, and newspaper work.
Working for the paper is uh…hard to explain. With out sounding like complaining. Sometimes the things I think are great are edited down to NOTHING! While other times…well actually never mind. I’ve learned people are flaky! And that can make me look flaky to my editor! My stories are so dryL I like fluff, apparently people from here don’t. What people here have no wit? We do! Needless to say I haven’t read our local paper since I started writing. I loved it when I didn’t write for it. I still do but it’s easier to hear it during our meetings that to read about it.
Oh ya can I add a number 4 to my “list of little woes” ? To send Estella to school next year or the following? I’ve pretty much decided on next year for personal reasons. I think I’ve made up my mind but I continue to hear my mom rise against it. She isn’t the only one, but really. I think I’ve made up my mind. She will be missing a good friend though. Estella will be with Nadia Shakespear and Tandy Barlow! Watch out gals! There’s a smart one, a wild one, and a shy one. That’s a trio!
Estella and cousin Lexi















The party was so fun! Thank you for inviting us. I hope Stefan really enjoyed it. Call me when you need anything!
ReplyDeleteoh my, i totally understand so much of this.
ReplyDeletewriting for the paper. writing for the paper.
having people ask "when" and "how many" and even "why?" more babies.
the best question? "are you guys trying?" what the? if you mean are we having sex? then, yes. if we are using protection or not? hmm, i think that's none of your business! : )