I live a very simple life to most standards. When life gets bored-we have a baby. Life isn’t so bored anymore once you add to the brood. I’m determined to find a hobby that doesn’t involve my nether regions. Today there is a fire in Moapa. It made the news but I really could care less because it has no direct effect on me. Right now I can smell the toilet bowl cleaner from where I sit. I just hung some clothes up and now I’m going to tackle socks. Some people have dry cleaners that do this kinda stuff. I work quickly by tying the socks into loose knots. I don’t fold one inside the other. It makes them baggy at the top and sooner or later they no longer stay up.
Today I slept in because Estella did. My life is surrounded by others and dictated by them too. I wore the same clothes I wore yesterday and visited the same people I did yesterday. They don’t care if I do things like that. I thought what it would be like to have five kids, brought Estella’s cousin to that said friends house and we ooo’d and awed at her new couches. Well I did. The kids christened them each by doing one of the following: jumped on them, threw a the pillow, climbed over the backs, eat/spilled Pringles, lots of jumping off, and throwing up their juice on them.
I came home and laid down and then decided I didn’t want to nap. It’s just a habit. So I braved the heat and washed the front of my house. While I turned the hose on I noticed my flowers were ALL gone. The goat ate them. Did I mention we have 3 now. Two babies. I’ve lost those two cats we got. One for sure is dead. The day it died we replaced it with a stray cat. It was 2 weeks ago and haven’t seen it since yesterday. Today I called about another cat with 9 siblings.
We’ll see.
this was yesterday, and if you saw me today-I would look like yesterday
I had two unexpected visitors. Two men wanted to know if the fridge and freezer were garbage and if I would like them to haul it off? No thanks-their still good and we use them. Half an hour later a lady from my church stopped by to buy ten pounds of tomatoes. Did I mention that our garden has been producing for awhile. Last week we sold 30 pounds of tomatoes and lots of squash/zucchini. She bought ten pounds. We still have a little less than 30 sitting on the kitchen floor. I bought stuff to can them. Funny thing-after she left I thought how INCREDIBLY beautiful she is! Tommy should’ve married a Mexican like her. Well if he had the choice of who he could fall in love with. So it’s 3 and Tommy should be heading home.
I can’t tell you how the rest of my day is going to go but I bet it involves my sister who is coming to see me, the reservoir that is

Your blog cracks me up! I especially loved your family reunion post- sounds pretty familiar. And for some reason, I think Mike and I have fought on the way home from every family reunion we've ever had- something about being with all that family!
ReplyDeleteThose are my favorite days.
ReplyDelete