warning

Scroll down...more...all the way. There you will find the picture of the week, changed every Tuesday. Weather permitting that is

Wednesday, July 7

why complain, when........

Veteran Dave fox on the 4th


Writing for the paper is SO odd. It can be frustrating when you think you have written a MASTERPIECE about the birthday of this wonderful nation that's 1600 words-only to find it shortened to less than 500! I've had a hectic week and I wanted to write all the drama on here.For example: About how I made my sister cry cause she's bringing Crusty the clown with her. Or how I got 2 pairs of (nerdy) new glasses or the best of all-how I was in charge of booking 6 plane tickets, rooms and car rentals. Then try and collect the exact change from everyone.Oh ya- and the fourth of July holiday. Oy Vey! So when this forward came from my editor I was elated! SO dang nice to get something like this from a total stranger.




To progress.com
please forward to your journalist amanda monk





Amanda,



Just wanted to write a quick note and thank you and your husband for your hospitality and kindness at the celebration on Saturday. We drove to Logandale with no real expectations and had a wonderful day. What a great community. On top of that it was a treat to spent time visiting with you and your husband. He had some great stories and to have both my teenage boys laughing out loud is a real feat. I can occasionally get them to smile with some of my best material. If you’re ever in Vegas with nothing to do we’d love to have your family for dinner or just a visit. Thanks again.


Curtis and Teri Child






PS. I've read many of your articles from the archives. Some fun stories and I read the one we talked about, the "green" LDS chapel. Great work!

1 comment:

  1. That letter is awesome!
    I can't wait to see your new glasses :)

    ReplyDelete

If you wish to leave a message do so after the BEEP...