"Ay-but a scratch"-Romeo & Juliet
Yesterday in a fit of rage…he stabbed me in my thigh!
This knife was purchased & sharpened by Tommy the day before
Haha..I know it’s nothing to joke about. But how many of you believed me!? No but really, yesterday I became lazy and I think that’s one of he 7 deadly sins.
I was watching Schindlers List while finishing dinner. I brought in a plate to cut up some zucchini. I picked up the plate and brought it to the kitchen. Tommy came in and we were ready to eat. But I needed to cut the bread and since I didn’t want to dirty another knife I decided to use the same one. Well Tommy and I searched for it and searched for it but I told him I don’t think I dropped it because I would have heard it. I said screw it and lets eat. I’m hungry! So in I walked with my plate and sat in the same spot. With my hands filled with a plate of spaghetti I hadn’t braced myself.
Long story short I found the knife. It was dangling from my leg when I screamed for Tommy to pull it out.It didn't feel like a knife but a red hot poker! As he is pulling it out he says, “You’re never suppose to pull out a knife.” He applied pressure. Immense pressure I should add. Have you seen his big rugged hands. I cried hard for about 3 minutes and scared poor Estella. She ran and got a clean sock to wrap my leg in. I hardly bled (thanks to Tommy’s actions) and 15 minutes later I realized I was missing an assignment for the paper. Great.
Everything was fine and dandy. I won’t tell you that I was a baby and didn’t want to go to the ER, or that I wouldn’t let them use soap and water to clean it, that I flinched when you touched the surface of my thigh. I will tell you that contact solution was used to irrigate my wound and that butterfly tape was used. In the end they butterly’d it, placed gauze on it, and wrapped it tightly with an ace bandage. 2 hours later I walked ten step to the kitchen to chat with my in laws and blood gushed through it all and was squirting the cabinet.
The tape, gauze, and ace wrap couldn't hold
After that there was no going back and I was forced to go to the Mesquite hospital. Where I received 9 stitches. I yelped a little. Luckily nurse Tom was there to hold my hand since I was alone. I decided to let Tommy sleep since he had to work at 2 in the morning. I didn’t cry but I was pretty wussy. I mean people get hit by cars and stabbed multiple times. Mine only went in 2 inches. It went through the muscle tissue and into the muscle. The Dr. mentioned I could have used a little more fat-it wouldn't have gone in so deep:(
by the time I got there blood has started to collect under my skin
This is my first hospital stay other than when I gave birth. The Dr. and nurse was great! I am worried that I didn’t get a tetanus shot or antibiotics. I’m off my feet for the next 2 days and can expect some nice bruising down the length of my left leg. I don’t bruise so I’m excited at the thought of it! I will be sore for 2 weeks and will have the stitches removed then.
Because of something to do with the cut I had whats called a Mantra stitch





This grossed me out. I'm not gonna lie. But I like knowing YOU SURVIVED!!!!! PS I would've been t.o.ed if THIS is how I found out about your divorce! Call me for anu
ReplyDeleteanything. That's supposed to say anything.
ReplyDeleteOuch!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh oh my gosh i will be more careful with my knives from now on!!!! ew ew ew ew ew!! oh i like the pic with all the blood!
ReplyDelete