Today I didn’t bring a swimming suit. I had no plans of swimming but the warm water beckoned me. I did two things in one day, that I haven’t done since childhood. One of those was to remove my jeans and swim in my underwear and t-shirt. The second happened less than 5 minutes after being pushed in to the pool. I scraped my knee. When Tommy saw he laughed and asked if I had fallen off my bike! Ahaha. True I have been riding my bike a night with Estefan. But since I don’t currently have him, I haven’t gone myself. After he mentioned that I though how cool it would have been to be able to claim that. Now I just have to admit that I skinned it while swimming. Lame.
Then I got to thinking of all the things I used to do as a kid. I recently added the two listed above, yet there were tons I haven’t. Like falling off my bike. Or blowing bubble in my drink. I recently sat outside during a lightning show with a spread out blanket and kids. I haven’t caught bugs in awhile. I guess that’s one I’m kinda glad I grew out of. Unless you count the spiders I spray with hairspray until like a slow-mo movie their run turns to a jog, walk then a stop . It’s like the can I hold is the remote and once I depress the button they no longer scurry but are frozen with their two front legs raised.
I also don’t get my clothes dirty anymore. I guess you could say I care too much about them fading and lasting as long as possible. I haven’t spilled a drink or food on them in a very long time. If it rained more often my next one might not be so distant. Jumping in puddles of water. Or how about not being able to hold a good old fart, and laughing when it happens in public. Kids think it’s hilarious while parents scorn them. Since I have become the latter, I have forgotten how to do the first. What other things am I forgetting. Who can forget hair rollers! Or sleeping in them.
I used to barrow clothes from friends and sisters all the time. I would really like to find another sized me who has better taste and play the old switcha-roo with them. Or play dress up. Now that I used to play with the neighbor girls. Only they had frumpy clothes as soft as jersey and big hats, not Disney princess costumes of today. Wait they did have a hand made Belle one. It was awesome! I never owned any Disney or frumpy of my own. I also haven’t had anyone braid my hair in a long time. Tommy knows how to braid but claims my short hair prohibits him from getting a good start. Short story.
When Tommy and I first met I asked him to brush my hair. For fun, I shoved the brush in his hand and turned my back to him. When nothing happened I turned to see him staring straight back at me. He hadn’t moved. We were still in the beginning stages of dating and this was the first recollection of denial. He claimed not knowing how to brush someone’s hair. I said it’s easy, “you just start here and pull straight through.” I’ll never forget the pain of the sudden KNOCK I felt as he banged my scalp with the wooden brush and bristles. Slip straight through then another KNOCK on the scalp. I muttered that nobody was there but he didn’t get it. Before I could be KNOCKED on again I turned and snatched the brush and said thank you! No more for me and since then I haven’t had my hair brushed since early girlhood.
I haven't played with farm animals in awhie either
I never really liked chewing gum so I never really got it caught in my hair. Or ate my boogers. I recently flew a kite a couple months ago with the kids. That was fun.I recenly terorized a cat by putting tape on it's paws. Now I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Sorry cat. I currently leave any food that drops on the floor, there. Maybe next time I will pick it up and just eat. No matter if I’m in public or at home. You know-for old time sakes.



um so i still play with bugs and fart in public oh and i stick my tongue out at people while i still have food on it:) and i sometimes eat food off the floor only if its candy though:) I love you and i enjoyed this post very very much!
ReplyDeleteCan I braid your hair, well practice at least? I'm sure you'll hold still so I can actually do it.
ReplyDelete